Are Blueberries Good for Fertility?
When you’re trying to get pregnant, you want to do everything possible to increase your chances of success. Some people are lucky right off the bat and others need more time and sometimes even fertility treatments.
One thing anyone can do, whether they have trouble or not, is consumer fertility boosting nutrients. Blueberries are one such food that enhances fertility and increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Why are Blueberries Healthy?
Blueberries are rich in phytonutrients that have antioxidants, which boost your overall health. They also have anti-inflammatory properties that help both male and female reproductive issues.
Overall, blueberries contain plenty of fiber, which helps control your weight and your blood sugar control, both of which are vital when you’re trying to get pregnant. Blueberries are also high in folate, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C. Each of these nutrients helps develop a healthy fetus.
Blueberries also help fight free radical damage, which can result in lower quality eggs or sperm, and decrease your chances of pregnancy. Finally, blueberries are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which help stabilize hormone levels, increase sperm quality, and help with fetal brain development.
The Top 4 Ways Blueberries Boost Fertility
We discussed briefly how blueberries are healthy and may help fertility, but here are the top four ways they may help you and your partner:
- Strengthen a man’s sperm count and mobility
- Reduces inflammation which increases the chance of healthy ovulation
- Increases the quality of both the egg and the sperm raising the chance of them successfully meeting and fertilizing
- Enhances a woman’s uterine lining making a successful pregnancy more likely
Ways to Add Blueberries to your Diet
Blueberries are one of the easiest foods to add to your diet. Here are a few of our favorite ways to include them in your diet:
- Add to yogurt with granola and honey
- Add them to your daily smoothies
- Eat a handful for a snack
- Add them to your salad
- Add them to your pancake batter
- Add them to frozen yogurt for a sweet dessert
Enhancing your fertility means eating a diet high in antioxidants, fiber, and plenty of vitamins. Add as many healthy foods to your diet to increase your chances of getting pregnant.