IUI Treatment for Infertility
What is IUI?
IUI standing for Intra-Uterine Insemination is one of the earliest methods of artificial fertilization & insemination. This technique gained wide popularity as a painless and relatively simpler procedure among the artificial fertilization techniques available at hand. The rationale behind artificial insemination is to increase male gamete density at the site of fertilization, thus increasing chances of pregnancy.
Who needs IUI?
Intra-Uterine Insemination is an easy way to treat some common infertility issues. It is suitable in cases of:
- Cervical factors- abnormalities of cervical mucus or cervical canal
- Unexplained infertility issues.
- Ovulatory Disorders – irregular menstrual cycles etc.,
- Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Mostly normal sperm evaluation and complete absence of sperms in male(azoospermia) requiring donor sperms.
- Ejaculatory dysfunction.
- Mild endometriosis – stage I & II endometriosis.
How is IUI done?
- Stimulation of ovaries: Medications are given to induce development of one or more mature follicles in the aspiring mother’s ovaries.
- Monitoring: The development of follicles is monitored by advanced scanning techniques to ensure the timing ovulation & IUI.
- Ovulation Induction:
Either Ovulation is induced by medications/injections or a natural ovulation is awaited before the semen is induced.
The sperm and eggs are mixed together to encourage fertilization, under the supervision of an embryologist in Mums advanced fertility lab. The process is monitored to check that eggs are properly getting fertilized. In some cases, ICSI is used alternatively in which sperm is directly introduced in a close proximity of the fertilization site.
- IUI / Insemination:
Semen is introduced into the aspiring mother through a catheter at the right time of ovulation to ensure best pregnancy result.
When is IUI not effective?
However, the effectiveness of the procedure can only be diagnosed and reported by a qualified fertility specialist.
Consult today to #ConceiveHappiness!
To understand the need for an IUI, consult our expert fertility specialists at Mums Fertility Clinic today & conceive happiness. Now, book an appointment with just one-click and meet our experts for great IUI success rates. Call now: 091006 00444